Join the initiative
Collins — SDG Choupal
All-India SDG Innovation Challenge for Schools
16 August 2021 — 25 January 2022
Social Impact Partner
The All-India SDG Innovation Challenge for Schools is a virtual ideathon for motivated schools and schoolchildren to become the primary engines of positive change by designing practical solution ideas for challenges faced in their local communities at the grassroots level, using their ingenuity in arts, science and technology
- This five-month-long ideathon will involve 20 private and 20 government schools collaborating to identify a challenge in their local communities and design a solution idea(s) that can transcend into tangible action to advance the SDGs.
- Each team will comprise five students from a private (P) school and five students from a government (G) school led by two teachers (1P +1G) as mentors. The role of the mentors will be to advise and guide the team members in achieving the set objectives
- There will be ten SDG advocates who will share their expertise to guide two teams each for the entire duration of the challenge.
- A jury comprising eminent members from different walks of life who have contributed towards advancing an SDG in India will run periodic checks on the progress of the 20 teams.
- Teams will present their final solution ideas to the jury in January 2022
- Top three teams will win great prizes and recognition.
The Jury Members
Ms Abhilasha Singh,
Principal, Shining Star
International School, Abu Dhabi, UAE
Brig (Dr) B.K. Khanna, SM, VSM
Lead Senior Consultant,
FICCI and CEO ARISE INDIA
Mr Douglas Ragan
PMO, Specialist in Children
and Youth, UN-HABITAT, Nairobi
Ms Kalyani Rao
HOD, International SDG Research
and Development Training, IIU
Mr Nixon Joseph
Former President & COO,
Dr Rakshit Tandon
Cyber Security Expert,