Cascade is a skill-based course on Environmental Studies and Social Studies for the foundational, preparatory and middle stages. This series for classes 1 to 8 is aligned to the National Education Policy,2020. Taking into account the multidisciplinary nature of Environmental Studies and Social Studies, the series follows an interactive approach through a variety of tasks and stimulating content.
This series deals with the study of human behaviour, relationships, resources and institutions in local as well as global contexts, all of which are fundamental to our conception of society.Skill builder: 21st century skills necessary to succeed in the age of information
- Class Class 1, Class 2, Class 3, Class 4, Class 5, Class 6, Class 7, Class 8
- Stage Foundational, Preparatory, Middle
- Skill builder: 21st century skills necessary to succeed in the age of information
- Think Big: Provides varied activities for multidisciplinary and holistic activities aligned to NIPUN initiative for young learners
- Learning Tools: Student-made study guides to quickly organize, display, and arrange data, making it easier to grasp concepts
- Apply it!: Provides application-based activities for experiential learning
- Geography skills: Provides tasks to hone map skills
- Assessments: Provide competency-based Structured Assessments For Analysing Learning (SAFAL)
- Course books Teacher’s Manuals DigiSuite
- Multimedia eBook: Consists of animations, audio, video, slide shows, and interactive exercises
- Print-ready Worksheets: Additional worksheets for practice and reinforcements, present in the digital support
- Digital Flashcards: Flashcards with embedded sounds and animations for letter formation and letter-sound association
- Animations and Songs: Animated stories and rhymes set to tune
- Interactive Games: Interactivies to reinforce concepts in a fun and engaging manner
Padmini Sriraman has worked in the field of education for more than four decades. She was the former Principal of The Hindu Senior Secondary School in Chennai. A recipient of the CBSE National Award, Padmini is an author, consultant, mentor, master trainer CBSE and resource person of COE CBSE Chennai. She has conducted many workshops and seminars for teachers and principals across India and abroad.
Archna Golcha is a resource person for CBSE and a master trainer. She has conducted several training programmes for educators and students. She also has been an observer CBSE for NEET and JEE exams on several occasions. She is presently working with Manikgar Cement English School as the principal.
Urmi Chakraborty has over three decades of teaching experience. She has taught in Sardar Patel Vidyalaya, New Delhi, Welham Girls’ School, Dehradun and The Shriram Millennium,
Noida. She has been selected as a mentor by The Council for Secondary Education.
Swati Shukla has over two decades of teaching experience. She is currently teaching in Sanskriti School, New Delhi.
Books of the Series
Sort by stage