Collins Digi Tech
Collins Digi Tech is a series of computer science textbooks for classes 1 to 8 designed to meet the requirements of the CISCE curriculum. This series adheres to the vision of the National Educational Policy 2020. Based on Windows 10 and MS Office 2016, the books help students develop a thorough understanding of the fundamentals by first-hand exploration to make learning enjoyable and rewarding.
Each book includes a special worksheet on the development of computational thinking abilities of students to prepare them to learn coding skills in later classes. Small snippets introduce students to the uses and applications of artificial intelligence in relation to the concepts covered in the chapters, from class 3 onwards. Features such as Link up! provide a glimpse into the interrelationship between computers and the real world.
- Class Class 1, Class 2, Class 3, Class 4, Class 5, Class 6, Class 7, Class 8
- Stage Foundational, Preparatory, Middle
- Supports learning through a variety of pedagogical tools that present additional information and offer opportunities for first-hand exploration and peer learning.
- Follows a graded introduction to programming through Scratch, HTML and Java
- Develops computational thinking and problem-solving skills in manage-appropriate manner
- Presents a variety of questions for both learning and practice, including questions to further competency-based learning
- Includes National Cyber Olympiad paper from the previous year and revision worksheets
- Coursebook 1-8
- Teachers Manual 1-8
- Collins Digi Suite 1-8
Sneha Krishnan and Manasi Kashikar, techies at heart, bond over their love of coding. They are cofounders of the company MindChamp where they teach coding to school students using fun, activity-based learning. They both love to teach students and that reflects in their work. Together with a team of educators, they have taught thousands of students to create computer games and websites. They want to make coding accessible to young students as well, so they are better equipped for the future.
Books of the Series
Sort by stage