Enhanced English Alive
Enhanced English Alive is a multi-skill course in English that adheres to the guidelines of the National Education Policy,2020. This edition retains the original essence of teaching communicative English using a cross-curricular approach and integrates the essence of NIPUN Bharat guidelines, which extensively deal with foundational literacy. The aim is to motivate learners to read independently, to improve their vocabulary, to develop their critical and creative thinking skills, and enhance their ability to express themselves both verbally and in writing.
This series also takes care of the requirements of Structured Assessments For Analyzing Learning (SAFAL). Researchbasedactivities and projects have been used to instill inquiry-based learning, while comprehension passages have been followed by extrapolative and value-based questions that involve analysis-based learning.
- Class Class 1, Class 2, Class 3, Class 4, Class 5, Class 6, Class 7, Class 8
- Stage Foundational, Preparatory, Middle
- Mindfulness Warm-up: Activities to help train the students’ minds to be involved in the present moment without getting distracted
- Reading Comprehension: A good balance of Indian and global selections from a wide range of literary genres that are useful in cross-curricular teaching, followed by factual, inferential, extrapolative, and valuebased questions
- Summary: A short summary at the end of each text for an easier way of remembering the essence of the text
- Life Skills and Values: A separate thematic section aimed at character building
- Vocabulary: Explanations for all new vocabulary topics followed by a variety of exercises
- Grammar: Grade-appropriate grammar explained using visual models and extensive examples, followed by exercises
- Listening and Speaking: A wide variety of communicative activities covering pronunciation
- Writing: A well-graded section with a wide variety of creative and scaffolded writing tasks
- Activities: A collaborative fun activity after each poem
- Projects: Well-designed projects covering cross-curricular topics
- Teacher’s Resource Books
- Multimedia eBook: Consists of animations, audio, video, slide shows, and interactive exercises
- Print-ready Worksheets: Additional worksheets for practice and reinforcements, present in the digital support
- Digital Flashcards: Flashcards with embedded sounds and animations for letter formation and letter-sound association
- Animations and Songs: Animated stories and rhymes set to tune
- Interactive Games: Interactivies to reinforce concepts in a fun and engaging manner
Vijaya Subramaniam, former Vice Principal at Sardar Patel Vidyalaya, New Delhi Kalpakam Chavali, senior teacher at Meridian School, Hyderabad.
Anuradha Telang, Headmistress and HOD of English at Delhi Public School, Bhopal Sujata Aslam, former HOD of English and Foreign languages at The Scindia School, Gwalior.
Sonia Duggal, teacher trainer and ELT materials writer Ruby Bose, teacher at The Heritage School, KolkataSafa Abdul Razak, teacher trainer and ELT materials writer.
Renu Viswanath, former Headmistress at Mother’s International School, New Delh
Books of the Series
Sort by stage