Enriching English is a language-through-literature course which aims to build in students the foundations of the English language. The series introduces students to the world of literature through a variety of classic and contemporary texts authored by upcoming as well as renowned authors. Students are introduced to the nuances of language through focused tasks that make learning an enjoyable activity.
The Language Companion accompanying the Reader aims to provide students practice in key language skills and prepare them to excel in formal examinations. They are closely linked to the units in the Reader and cover reading comprehension passages and guided writing tasks besides grammar and vocabulary.
- Class Class 1, Class 2, Class 3, Class 4, Class 5, Class 6, Class 7, Class 8
- Stage Foundational, Preparatory, Middle
- Comprehension includes both factual and inferential questions. Short exercises and ‘reference to context’ questions check factual understanding of the text.
- Life skills and values includes interpretative and analytical questions which build students’ higher order thinking skills while honing their understanding of human values and developing the right attitudes in them.
- Vocabulary comprises exercises based on contextual usage and extended word building tasks. It also tests students’ understanding of literary devices and figures of speech encountered in the passage.
- Grammar includes simple explanations of language structures followed by practice tasks showing graded progression.Tree maps and tables illustrate concepts for easy comprehension.
- Study Skills covers the sub-skills of language acquisition and includes phonics and spelling drills as well as dictionary referencing tasks. Special attention is also given to familiarizing students with the use of online dictionaries.
- Listening develops aural comprehension skills through various kinds of factual questions.
- Speaking covers conversation and role play activities to enable students to respond appropriately in a variety of social situations. It also includes public speaking activities and group discussions.
- Writing includes guided and free writing exercises that develop functional and creative writing skills. The Activity in the poetry chapters includes exercises which combine hands-on tasks with creative writing skills. Every task includes plenty of scaffolding in the form of suggested vocabulary and reference samples.
- Now I can … is a self-assessment checklist for the learner to examine whether they have met the learning objectives for the lesson.
- Read at Leisure includes suggestions for further reading related to the author or theme of the reading passage.
- Projects, of which there are three, revisit the themes covered in each book. They encourage students to correlate the themes with the world around them through a mix of simple research-based tasks and creative thinking.
- A glossary of literary terms and genres at the end of the book acts as a ready reference.
- Coursebook 1-8
- Language Companion 1-8
- Teachers Manuals 1-8
- The Reader given as a multimedia e-book, which also includes the complete audio of the reading passages, High quality animations as well as interactive exercises
- Language Games, Pictionary and a level-appropriate Collins dictionary for further practice
- Test Generator for quick creation of assignments and test papers
- The Teacher’s Resource Book in digital format
Rashi Ravi Ganguly has been a teacher of English, and is an ELT materials writer. Aruna Punekar teaches English at The Sanskar Valley School, Bhopal. She has over two decades’ experience at the primary level. Paromita Roy has taught at The Heritage School, Kolkata. She has over two decades of experience as a teacher.
Sonia Duggal is an author and ELT materials writer. She is also a language trainer with several years of experience.
Ritu Pankaj has nearly two decades of experience in teaching English at the middle and senior school levels at reputed schools. She is a teacher trainer and an ELT materials writer.
Shradha Anand is an author, ELT materials writer and teacher trainer. Radhika Tadepalli has over three decades’ experience as a teacher of English. She is currently the principal of a reputed school in Delhi.
Somali Mitra has been teaching English for over a decade. Currently, she teaches English in Modern High School, Kolkata. Chinmoyee Ghosh Choraria has over a decade’s experience as a teacher of English. She currently teaches in South City International School, Kolkata. She has taught the CISCE and the Cambridge IGCSE curricula.
Books of the Series
Sort by stage