Senses is a new environmental science series for classes 1 to 5. Based on the principles of the new National Curriculum Framework, 2023, this series helps students explore, discover and engage with different aspects of their immediate environment. The series aims to encourage students to inquire and interact with the patterns and processes of the natural environment and understand its interaction with human society.
- Class Class 1, Class 2, Class 3, Class 4, Class 5
- Stage Foundational, Preparatory
- Each chapter starts with the list of Curriculum Goals and Competencies covered in the chapter.
- Let’s Start is a warm-up activity that introduces the topic to the students.
- Fact Check lists interesting facts related to the chapter.
- Picture Box is a picture-based activity that helps students develop and enhance observation and analytical skills.
- Engage and Reflect is an experiential learning activity which encourages students to engage with the environment and reflect on his/her observations.
- Try It helps the student apply what is being taught in the chapter in the real world
- 21st Century Skills is a 21st century skills related activity
- Cross Connect, at the end of the chapter, is an interdisciplinary activity
- SDG Connect deal with the Sustainable Development Goals relevant to the chapter.
- Creators Corner provides space to the students for creative activities related to the topic.
- Exercises comprise of a comprehensive assessment of the chapter including questions related to higher order thinking skills.
- Teacher’s Resource Book
- Collins DigiSuite for Teachers
- Collins DigiSuite App for Students
- Multimedia eBook: Consists of animations, audio, video, slide shows, and interactive exercises
- Print-ready Worksheets: Additional worksheets for practice and reinforcements, present in the digital support
- Interactive Games: Interactivies to reinforce concepts in a fun and engaging manner
Abha Koul is the author of books for classes 3 to 5. She is a distinguished educator and passionate advocate of learning. She teaches EVS in Bhartiya Vidya Bhavan at Chandigarh.
Dr Satysree Gupta is the editor of the books for grades 1 and 2.
She has an in-depth understanding of pedagogy and the different
curricula prevalent in India. She has authored several books, and
mentored hundreds of educators across the globe. She holds a dual
Ph.D. in Education Management and Doctorate in Science
Books of the Series
Sort by stage