Collins Smart Tech
Collins Smart Tech is series of computer science textbooks for classes 1 to 8 designed for a generation of learners that consider computers to be an integral part of life. This series adheres to the vision of the National Educational Policy 2020.
Based on Windows 10 and MS Office 2016, the books help learners develop a thorough understanding of the fundamentals by the first-hand exploration to make learning enjoyable and rewarding. Each book includes a special segment on skill development that enables learners to acquire a variety of age-appropriate skills. Ranging from computer manners in class 1 to cyber security in class 5, information technology in class 6, design thinking in class 7, and artificial intelligence: applications and ethics in class 8, these are in sync with the vision of the NEP.
- Class Class 1, Class 2, Class 3, Class 4, Class 5, Class 6, Class 7, Class 8
- Stage Foundational, Preparatory, Middle
- Includes a variety of pedagogical tools that present additional information and offer opportunities for first-hand exploration
- Covers various aspects and uses of computers in our daily lives—picture editing, video editing, app creation and website designing
- Introduces the concept of computational thinking, logical problem-solving and the essentials of coding in an age appropriate manner
- Follows a graded introduction to programming through Scratch, HTML, CSS and Python
- Introduces learners to evolving technologies such as artificial intelligence, robotics, Internet of Things and 3D printing
- Coursebook 1-8
- Teachers Manuals 1-8
- Multimedia eBook: Consists of animations, audio, video, slide shows, and interactive exercises
- Print-ready Worksheets: Additional worksheets for practice and reinforcements, present in the digital support
- Digital Flashcards: Flashcards with embedded sounds and animations for letter formation and letter-sound association
- Animations and Songs: Animated stories and rhymes set to tune
- Interactive Games: Interactivies to reinforce concepts in a fun and engaging manner
Sneha Krishnan and Manasi Kashikar, techies at heart, bond over their love of coding. They are cofounders of the company MindChamp where they teach coding to school students using fun, activity-based learning. They both love to teach students and that reflects in their work. Together with a team of educators, they have taught thousands of students to create computer games and websites. They want to make coding accessible to young students as well, so they are better equipped for the future.
Books of the Series
Sort by stage