Dimensions is an eight-book series designed for classes 1 to 8, aligned with the National Education Policy (NEP) 2020 and the National Curriculum Framework (NCF) 2023. This series aims to promote proficiency and mastery in mathematics through the innovative ELPSA approach (Experience, Language, Pictorial, Symbols and Application). To engage students further, the series encourages interdisciplinary projects, connecting mathematics to real-life
experiences and hence appreciate the beauty of mathematics in the world around them. There are pre- and postassessments for each chapter. These assessments employ MCQs tagged with icons to indicate competencies such as Difficulty Levels, Bloom’s Taxonomy and Maths Learning Skills. Each assessment comes along with a scorecard for self-assessment. Lastly, to lay the foundation for the development of pre-vocational capacities and to incorporate elements of vocational education into the curriculum, there are special pages based on Financial Literacy in grades 3 to 8. These financial literacy pages are designed considering the level/age/grade appropriateness.
- Class Class 1, Class 2, Class 3, Class 4, Class 5, Class 6, Class 7, Class 8
- Stage Foundational, Preparatory, Middle
- Curricular Goals Statements that give directions to curriculum development and implementation
- Competencies Learning achievements that are observable and can be assessed systematically
- Why This Topic? Examples to relate with their day-to-life experiences and realize the significance of the chapter
- Are You Ready? A pre-assessment to check prior knowledge and see where they stand and where they need to improve. MCQ-based questions tagged with icons to indicate competencies: Difficulty levels, Bloom’s Taxonomy, Maths Learning Skills, with a scorecard for self-assessment
- ELPSA integrated content Concrete examples, Word problems, Maths in language, Pictorial representation, Bar models, Number bonds, Maths in symbols
- Activity Hands-on activity to help in improving investigation, reinforcement and extension of concepts just learnt
- Exercise In-text objective-type questions for quick review, assessment and evaluation
- Concept Map Logical representation of relationships between concepts learnt in the chapter
- Projects A variety of project ideas and questions practical activities to enhance real-world application of subjects help develop sensible life skills cross-curricular links
- Did You Master? A post-assessment to check learning and see where they stand and where they need to improve. MCQ-based questions tagged with icons to indicate competencies: Difficulty levels, Bloom’s Taxonomy and Maths Learning skills, with a scorecard for self-assessment
- Financial Literacy (Classes 3 to 8) Incorporates elements of vocational education into the curriculum
- Glossary Definition of important terms
- Answer Keys Answers to AYR?, DYM?, In-text Exercise, Revision Exercise
- Teacher’s Resource Book
- Collins DigiSuite for Teachers
- Collins DigiSuite App for Students
- Multimedia eBooks offer interactive learning with videos, animations, presentations, and audio for better concept comprehension and retention.
- The audio feature offers a flexible learning experience by allowing students to listen to chapters. It also helps auditory learners and those with reading difficulties comprehend course material easily.
- Interactive slideshows combine engaging visuals and concise text to help students better grasp concepts.
- Interactivities engage students through quizzes, games, and more. Active participation leads to better retention of the concepts covered.
- Animations simplify complex concepts with clear audio and engaging visuals, making it easy for students to understand.
- Lesson plans offer comprehensive guidance for teachers, including pre-, post-, and while-reading activities, teaching strategies, and learning objectives.
- Additional worksheets are provided for practice and reinforcements.
- The question paper generator enables educators to create, organize and assess students’ understanding with a question bank based on Bloom’s taxonomy.
Excelsoft Technologies Private Limited is an educational technology company. Its solutions for the K-12 education sector comprises of technology platforms and content solutions built on contemporary teaching learning methods and best
practices that enable customers to deliver state-of-the-art products to schools and learners.
Books of the Series
Sort by stage