Switch On, a series of eight books for Classes 1 to 8, is an effort to familiarize and equip students with the latest trends in computer technology. This is a well-graded course that conforms to the requirements of NCF (2005) and complies with the syllabus requirements of various boards. The course is based on Windows 7 and MS Office 2010 with updates on Windows 8 and MS Office 2013. The course is a perfect blend of theoretical and practical topics, and is interspersed with illustrations, keyboard
Teachers Manual 1-8
Collins DigiSuite 1-8
• Word Web explains the difficult words.
• You Should Know gives interesting facts about the topic.
• Quick Way highlights all the important keyboard shortcuts for the menu commands
• Exercise at the end of each chapter reinforces the understanding of the topic
• Latest versions namely, Windows Movie Maker 2012, HTML 5, Adobe Dreamweaver CC, Adobe Photoshop CC and Flash 8
• Innovative worksheets, assessment papers and revision papers are given as additional evaluation aids
• Writing space in the Exercise section makes this course book as an effective workbook too
• Research Project integrates Computer Science with other subjects.
• IT Personalities contains important information about the famous personalities from the field of IT.
• Key Terms and Tech Terms enlist the important terms that the students should be aware of
• Latest IT Trends describes the emerging technological advancements that the students should know.
• Original National Cyber Olympiad paper for practice so that students can gain proficiency in competitive exams.
• Interesting stickers and posters provided inside the course books make learning fun.
• Multimedia eBook: Consists of animations, audio, video, slide shows, and interactive exercises
• Print-ready Worksheets: Additional worksheets for practice and reinforcements, present in the digital support
• Digital Flashcards: Flashcards with embedded sounds and animations for letter formation and letter-sound association
• Animations and Songs: Animated stories and rhymes set to tune
• Interactive Games: Interactivies to reinforce concepts in a fun and engaging manner