Expeditions Revised Edition
Expeditions (Revised Edition) is based on the underlying principle of the National Curriculum Framework that every learner can learn. This series maximizes opportunities to learn through its wide variety of tasks and facilitates easy learning and comprehension of the concepts at the primary level. Multiple intelligence-based tasks cater to the needs of all learners.
With a learnercentric approach for effective teaching and learning in the classroom, the series promotes experiential learning. Course materials are drawn from the curriculum and provide examples from real-life situations to foster knowledge building and understanding. The series provides ample scope for the learners to observe, reflect, hone their thinking skills and develop effective communication skills. Learners are guided to look at the environment in a holistic manner and see the underlying unity in the physical and social environment.
- Class Class 1, Class 2, Class 3, Class 4, Class 5, Class 6, Class 7, Class 8
- Stage Foundational, Preparatory, Middle
- Take off assesses the prior knowledge of the learners.
- Warm up has pre-reading tasks for discovery-based learning where learners can infer and relate to the topic.
- Fact quest provides interesting titbits of information and Find out tasks encourage referencing skills.
- Explore/Investigate/Consider are analytical tasks set to test a student’s comprehension skills and foster their interest in further exploration of the key idea(s).
- Case Study re-counts in-depth investigations of a single person, group, event or community.
- World Connect highlights stories and events from around the world related to the chapter.
- Eco feat sensitizes learners towards conservation of the environment.
- Recall provides mind maps and owcharts to reinforce learning.
- Work out at the end of the units facilitate understanding, recall and reinforcement, and assessment.
- Think focuses on Higher Order Thinking Skills.
- Life skills and values equips learners with the basic skills they need to excel in life and helps to build the right attitudes and values in learners.
- Enjoy has varied creative tasks.
- Info Time provides interesting information on topics related to the chapters studied.
- Outline maps are given for map practice.
- Coursebook 1-8
- Teachers Manual 1-8
- Collins DigiSuite 1-8
- Multimedia eBook: Consists of animations, audio, video, slide shows, and interactive exercises
- Print-ready Worksheets: Additional worksheets for practice and reinforcements, present in the digital support
- Digital Flashcards: Flashcards with embedded sounds and animations for letter formation and letter-sound association
- Animations and Songs: Animated stories and rhymes set to tune
- Interactive Games: Interactivies to reinforce concepts in a fun and engaging manner
Padmini Sriraman is the Principal of The Hindu Senior Secondary School, Adyar, Chennai. Recipient of the National Award for teaching in 2012 and many others, she has over three decades of experience in teaching and training teachers. She is a mentor for some CBSE schools and enjoys conducting teacher training workshops.
Books of the Series
Sort by stage