Collins Smart Start
Collins Smart Start is an integrated course for the panchakosha vikas or the holistic development of children in the age group of 3 to 8 years. Based on the National Curriculum Framework for Foundational Stage (NCF-FS) 2022, the series focuses on numeracy, literacy and skill building while keeping play at the centre of the child’s learning. The series is designed to support both teachers and learners in making the teaching-learning process engaging and enriching. The learning material for each year has been divided into two terms for ease of use in the classroom.
- Class Nursery, LKG, UKG, Class 1, Class 2
- Stage Foundational
- Core learning material on literacy, numeracy and skill development split into two terms for ease of handling.
- Clearly defined, systematic approach to learning and skill development.
- Integrated approach to language and skill development.
- Simple, easy-to-follow worksheet, interspersed with periodic revision pages
- Multiple opportunities for self-assessment
- A clear list of expected learning outcomes to help learners track their own learning
- Entry and exit-level revision worksheets
- Anchor charts, activity suggestions and teacher’s notes included
- Perforated worksheets for the first three levels
- Teacher’s Resource Book
- Collins DigiSuite for Teachers
- Collins DigiSuite App for Students
- Flash Cards
- Multimedia eBook: Consists of animations, audio, video, slide shows, and interactive exercises
- Print-ready Worksheets: Additional worksheets for practice and reinforcements, present in the digital support
- Interactive Games: Interactivies to reinforce concepts in a fun and engaging manner
Anahita Lee is the author of the series. She has authored several series
for the K-8 segment. She was the Head of Academics at Mayo College
Girls’ School, Ajmer. With over 30 years in Education, she shares her
experience and expertise with teachers and students. Anahita has
completed a professional learning programme — The Future of Learning —
from the Harvard Graduate School of Education, USA, and is trained as a
Teacher Trainer by the Oxford Teachers’ Academy (OTA), UK.
Ritu Malhotra is the series editor of this course. She has over two decades
of experience in teaching and publishing. She has worked taught English
at Step By Step School Noida and Heritage Xperiential Learning School
Gurgaon. She is the series editor of Be the Change, a course on sustainability
for pre-primary to Grade 8. She is a climate activist and is the recipient of
the prestigious ‘Sarojini Naidu Award’ for women.
Books of the Series
Sort by stage